Advertisements
Home > Technology > Amazon Kindle eBook Lending Sites

Amazon Kindle eBook Lending Sites

January 13, 2011 Leave a comment Go to comments

Well, if you own a Kindle, you should know by now that you can now lend or borrow Kindle eBooks, with some caveats of course:

Eligible Kindle books can be loaned once for a period of 14 days. The borrower does not need to own a Kindle — Kindle books can also be read using our free Kindle reading applications for PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone, BlackBerry, and Android devices. Not all books are lendable — it is up to the publisher or rights holder to determine which titles are eligible for lending. The lender will not be able to read the book during the loan period.

Well, it was just a matter of time before readers figured out a way to lend/borrow their books, not just to family/friends, but to strangers who also happen to own Kindles! I thought that I’d share some of these lending sites to my blog readers, for your convenience 🙂 I do wish that people would just end up picking just one mega-site, since that would widen the pool of people willing to lend books, instead of having everyone scattered all over the place. Anyway, here they are in no particular order (and I’m not connected in any way to these sites, other then registering for them too):

• eReadMore

Welcome to eReadMore.
    Finally, a place to find all the eBooks you ever wanted to borrow for your Kindle, Nook, or other eReader device – all for free!

• Books for My Kindle – from the same people who run BooksForNooks (1/22 Note: Some idiot hacked the website, I’ll update once the owners have fixed the problem Working again!)

With BooksForMyKindle.com, you can locate books for loan from other Kindle owners all over the world.
    Now you can loan or find your favorite eBooks in one free community of Kindle owners. Use our simple search to find that title you’re looking for. Once you locate a member that has the book you’re looking for, use our site to contact them to find out availability.

• Kindle Lending Club: Borrow and Lend Kindle Books

Kindle Lending Is Finally Here!
    Please share borrowing requests and offers to lend on the Discussions page: http://www.facebook.com/KindleLendingClub?v=app_2373072738

Let’s share the wealth and enjoy lots more Kindle books!

• Kindle Boards: Lend and Borrow exchange

“Neither a borrow nor a lender be,” advised Shakespeare’s Polonius. Well, Polonius clearly did not have a Kindle, which makes lending and borrowing e-books an easy and most well-advised activity.

We’ve set up this board to give our forum members a place to lend and borrow Kindle e-books.

• Lendink

It’s Simple. LendInk lets you loan and borrow offically lendable eBooks for your Kindle and Nook.

I haven’t actually lent or borrowed any books yet, so I can’t give feedback on the process via these sites. So, if you have, mind leaving a comment here about your experience? Or if you know or run any relevant sites yourself, let me know so I can add you to the listing!

Advertisements
Categories: Technology Tags:
  1. January 13, 2011 at 11:33 pm

Hi, we’re also setting up a site to allow Kindle and nook users to lend books easily! We’re just getting started, but if you visit http://www.booklends.com and sign up for our mailing list, we will let you know when the service is ready…

• January 13, 2011 at 11:38 pm

Thanks for letting me (us) know! Hope the site will be operational soon

2. January 14, 2011 at 3:20 am

Books for my kindle is great! I have loaned books and have also been lended books and it is so easy to do and is free! I love the site! Happy Reading, Janean

• January 14, 2011 at 4:53 pm

Thanks for posting feedback for us!

3. January 18, 2011 at 11:10 pm

Kindle Lending Club is top notch.
    Their website is up now: http://www.kindlelendingclub.com

Very easy to use. They are very responsive to feedback.

You add your books via the search bar and it brings up the book.
    You choose buy, borrow or lend. Then follow the pop-ups.

It’s my favorite of the lending sites so far.

• January 19, 2011 at 10:55 am

Thanks for leaving feedback! I haven’t tried borrowing yet, only because I already have waaay too many books to read anyway, without adding more 🙂

• January 19, 2011 at 11:23 pm

Thanks Gabrielle I emailed them because it said that I had 5 books that were available for me to borrow but found out that even though when I clicked on the book and it said I was getting it in a little while that if someone else had ask for the book sooner like the same day or a week before the person who asked for it sooner got the book and then I would be put on a waiting list they don’t tell you this when you click on the book just that it is available and you should get it in a little while. I emailed them back and said that if the lender gives the book to someone else we should be notified that we are being put on a waiting list that way we won’t be waiting on a book that doesn’t come for what could be a long while. I am not sure if I will stay with them or not I am going to give it a little while and see if I am going to get any of the 5 books I asked to borrow.

• January 19, 2011 at 11:48 am

How long does it take to get the books you asked to borrow to get to you? Unlike booksformykindle.com there is no way for you to message the sender. I hit borrow a book and it said I was in luck that the book was available but shows nothing about whom I am borrowing it from like with booksformykindle.com

• January 19, 2011 at 10:25 pm

Janean, I haven’t tried borrowing yet. When I listed my books, I got a pop-up when someone was waiting to read it. Or when I logged in I would see a name beside a book on my lend list.

I can understand your frustration..not knowing the progress of the borrowing.

From KLC comments on FB, I believe they are working on that.

1. January 19, 2011 at 4:45 pm