Home > Uncategorized > Weekly Meme: Book Blogger Hop: 2/4-2/7

Weekly Meme: Book Blogger Hop: 2/4-2/7

February 4, 2011 Leave a comment Go to comments

Book Blogger Hop

Thought I’d try something new today and join the Book Blogger Hop (via Crazy For Books blog) Thought this would be a good opportunity for me to connect with other book lovers out there in cyberspace 🙂 The Hop lasts Friday-Monday so there’ll be plenty of time to check the other participating blogs out!

So here’s the question of the week:

“What are you reading now and why are you reading it?”

My answer:

I am currently reading Stephen King’s latest Full Dark, No Stars on my Kindle. My dad (a die-hard King fan) bought it, and since I’m sharing his Kindle account, I get to read it for free (and without waiting for him to finish reading – a benefit of the Kindle)!

Full Dark, No Stars is a collection of four novellas, and I’ve already finished with the first one “1922” which is about the unravelling of a man’s life after he commits a murder – very creepy and yet also heartbreaking story. I was disappointed with King’s previous book Under the Dome, but with this 4-novella collection, looks like he’s got his mojo back! Already looking forward to reading the other stories: “Big Driver,” “A Good Marriage,” and “Fair Extension.”

And of course, I’m also looking forward to blog-hopping this weekend! 🙂

Categories: Uncategorized Tags: ,
  1. February 5, 2011 at 2:35 pm

I keep seeing this book pop up. I love the title – even though I’ve never read much Stephen King, I may have to check it out!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Hope you have a good weekend 🙂

2. February 5, 2011 at 9:48 pm

Hopping through. I’ve never read Stephen King. I’m not a horror fan, but he is a pretty classic author so I should try him.
    My Hop

3. February 6, 2011 at 12:36 am

Thanks for coming by.
    This looks like a corporate site or maybe sponsored.
    Or, is there a real person with mad HTML skills there? Looks interesting.

Fangs, Wands and Fairy Dust

• February 6, 2011 at 8:28 am

Whoa – you do know that wordpress.com is a free blog service, right? (Like blogspot) so, definitely no corporate sponsorship here. Just me by my lonesome.

I guess thanks – for thinking my blog looks professional? 😉

4. February 6, 2011 at 2:31 am

Thanks for stopping by! I’ve seen this one around, but I didn’t know what it was about. I confess, I haven’t read much of King’s work aside from a few short stories of his. My favorite is “One for the Road” which ended up being the basis for Salem’s Lot. Thanks for sharing with us.

Happy Hop!

My Blog Hop

5. February 6, 2011 at 5:12 am

I tried King once and couldn’t get into him. I should probably give him another chance! Thanks for stopping by The Prairie Library!

6. February 6, 2011 at 10:13 pm

The only Stephen King book I’ve ever read was “On Writing.” I’d planned to read a King novel just to get an idea of the writing style but fell in love with YA first and well, King just isn’t YA.
    bethfred.com

7. February 7, 2011 at 7:39 am

I haven’t read Stephen King in many years, and I keep thinking I should pick something up again. So many books… I ‘m glad you are enjoying this one.

Thanks for hopping by my blog.

8. February 8, 2011 at 10:51 am

So I have never read a Stephan King novel but enjoyed his movies.. hhmm seems I will be adding him to my list soon…

Ms.Tiptress