Home > Uncategorized > Weekly Meme: Musing Mondays (Feb 28)

Weekly Meme: Musing Mondays (Feb 28)

February 28, 2011 Leave a comment Go to comments

The weekly Musing Mondays question of the week (via the Should Be Reading blog) is:

Which do you prefer: Adult -or- Young Adult books? Or, both? Why?

I don’t really like to box myself into any category, so I’d have to say that I read all kinds of books, whether they are geared to the YA reader or for adults.

I pretty much just pick up whatever strikes my fancy and mood – and right now, I wanted something light and funny – so I’m reading a humorous YA fantasy book by Sir Terry Pratchett from his Discworld Tiffany Aching series. A Hat Full of Sky (the second book in the series) is such an imaginative and funny read, about a plucky 11-year-old witch-in-training.

It’s definitely a nice break from all the crime/thriller/horror books I’ve found myself reading recently that are definitely for adults only. Cheers!

Categories: Uncategorized Tags: ,
  1. February 28, 2011 at 9:34 pm

Since I have started blogging, I have seen so many adults reading YA, maybe I am missing out on something fun!!

• February 28, 2011 at 9:57 pm

I do think you are missing out if you don’t check out a YA book every now and then 🙂

2. dynamors
    March 1, 2011 at 3:14 am

Well age wise I’m definitely an adult LOL, but for me it’s probably 50/50. As long as it’s a good story and well written, I really don’t care what “category” books fall into. I just LOVE TO READ 🙂

3. March 1, 2011 at 11:06 pm

I like your answer! I don’t like to pigeonhole myself either, but right now all of the fun seems to be found in YA, so that is mostly what I find myself reading.

• March 1, 2011 at 11:16 pm

Thanks! Well, not All the fun … but there are a lot of YA books with great ideas out there 🙂

4. March 2, 2011 at 3:26 am

I don’t read YA books because I don’t like fantasy genres. I don’t care to read about witches, vampires and the like..either… I don’t care for the suspense/thriller/horror genres either… I’m more of a real life cozy kind of reader. I read to be entertained not frightened out of my wits..; ) Thanks for stopping by my MM and leaving me such a nice comment.

1. No trackbacks yet.