Home > Uncategorized > Weekly Meme: Multi-Tasking (Booking Through Thursday)

Weekly Meme: Multi-Tasking (Booking Through Thursday)

The weekly Booking Through Thursday question of the week (via the Booking Through Thursday blog) is:

Do you multi-task when you read? Do other things like stirring things on the stove, brushing your teeth, watching television, knitting, walking, et cetera?

Or is it just me, and you sit and do nothing but focus on what you’re reading?

(Or, if you do both, why, when, and which do you prefer?)

The question is so funny – do people really brush their teeth or knit when reading a book? And goodness, while stirring things on a stove! Calling the fire department!? 😉

I don’t really multi-task when I read books. At the most, I may have some background ‘elevator’ type music playing, but nothing that would really distract me from reading. Maybe it has to do with growing up, I know that I used to be able to surf on the net, email/IM friends, text/chat on the phone, watch tv, listen to a cd… all while doing my homework (which includes reading)… not quite sure how I accomplished all that 😉 lol – probably by never really ‘accomplishing’ anything!

Now, I have a little reading nook where I can sit or lie back, relax and just lose myself in a good book 🙂

(I do read on my iTouch while out – so that would be reading while waiting in line for something or while in the train/bus/car – does that count?)

1. March 11, 2011 at 12:07 am

I need a reading nook! Preferably a window seat. 🙂

2. March 11, 2011 at 1:45 am

Yes, that counts in my book! Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog!

3. March 11, 2011 at 1:52 am

Mostly, I need a quiet place to read.

4. March 11, 2011 at 2:40 am

I could multi-task better when I was younger too. It’s amazing what I would do just to avoid concentrating on my homework.
    Sally.

5. March 11, 2011 at 2:41 am

I can see reading while cooking in some cases — when we’re dealing with food that ‘cooks itself’ for long periods of time and only needs to be stirred every once in a while. I wouldn’t chance bringing the book TO the stove, though!

6. March 11, 2011 at 4:53 am

I multitask, and growing up certainly made no difference to me 😉

7. March 11, 2011 at 9:20 am

I can’t multi-task when it comes to reading. I need peace and quiet 🙂

8. March 11, 2011 at 12:02 pm

I tend to read “in betweens”. I tend to read via my iphone too. it is such a convenience gadget =D Here’s mine

9. Halie
    March 11, 2011 at 7:10 pm

Having a reading nook is sooooooo cool!

As for your question about being too engrossed on a book and forgetting our meal: I don’t forget what I’m cooking. I guess it’s because I love cooking just as much as reading. =)

Thanks for stopping by my entry.

Comment pages