Click HERE to download the FREE music video!
* I found the video personally disappointing, like they didn’t even try to think of a good concept or story to go with the song. So, David just goes off being emo while writing a song, and everyone thinks he’s dead. Very weird – I guess they had to give it away, since I sure wasn’t going to buy the video. Pity, the song had grown on me too…
(If you can’t watch the video, try on YouTube)
Okay, I finally tuned back in to American Idol just to catch Season 8 winner David Cook premiere his new single ‘The Last Goodbye‘ [iTunes, Amazon] on the American Idol results show. The live performance was a bit subdued, but maybe that’s because Cook is still feeling the new song out. At any rate, I’d prefer listening to David Cook than the remaining finalists on American Idol (although with everyone raving about Hayley, I’ll have to check out her Adele cover later).
David Cook Official is currently streaming the track in case you want to check it out 🙂 I wasn’t too impressed the first time I heard it – was a bit disappointed by the generic pop-rock sound, but hey, it’s grown on me since then (And the chorus does stick in the head). I think HAC radio will support this, but I’m not sure it’ll cross-over to pop.
I didn’t know about this, but apparently, Fox has been airing an American Idol special ‘Coming Home’ that features all the previous AI winners! Pretty cool 🙂
Check out Kelly Clarkson, Ruben Studdard, Fantasia, Carrie Underwood, Taylor Hicks, Jordin Sparks, David Cook, Kris Allen, and Lee DeWyze sharing their American Idol experiences (plus interviews from people close to them)! It makes me feel a little verklempt…
Update : Oh, thank you MTV for that video showing more Michael Jackson rehearsal clips! And just had to post this glowing review of the movie! Review: ‘This Is It’ a homage to Jackson greatness (AP)
“This Is It” is a beautifully made, loving tribute that gives Michael Jackson what he so desperately wanted — affirmation that he indeed was the greatest entertainer of our time.
So, Adam Lambert is at the ‘This Is It’ Premiere – his music video for ‘Time For Miracles’ (2012) is premiering before the movie, so that makes sense. (ETA : apparently, only the 2012 trailer that includes Adam singing was shown, not the actual music video – maybe the video will be shown in regular screenings?) Surprised that he brought Katy Perry as his date though… would’ve loved to see his boyfriend Drake in designer duds for once… I’ll add media (interviews, photos) as they appear… so check back!
And at the red-carpet premiere of “Michael Jackson’s This Is It,” Lambert shared with us just how the King of Pop inspired him. “Michael wasn’t afraid of just being himself,” he said. “Michael didn’t conform to one style of music. He did his own thing. That’s the thing that makes me tick.”
Vodpod videos no longer available.
(from jadedoptimist’s twitpic)
Update: Even MORE videos of Katy Perry & Adam Lambert after the jump! Including Bonus! DAVID COOK and Michael Jackson Rehearsal Clip
** Web Exclusive: ‘American Idol’ Triple Threat (David/Kris/Adam on Little Lies) ** – they sound really, really good all together (even though Kradam is relegated to backup singers… (Download MP3)
Catching up with Idols – little interview (where Adam forgets his filter… lol… I can’t believe he mentioned the bras!)
Vodpod videos no longer available.
(from Reality Rocks – David Cook: The Reality Rocks Interview by Lyndsey Parker)
It’s a relatively good interview – touched a bit too much on things NOT David Cook though (I’m a Kris and Adam fan, so I’m not really complaining, but I’d wager that Cook fans aren’t so pleased that Ms Parker kept on harping on the latest season).
Ryan’s been busy interviewing everybody from Idol on his radio show On-Air with Ryan Seacrest. Why is everyone so chipper so early in the morning?
With Adam Lambert
– He’s a born diplomat and yes, Adam, we’re so glad you stayed true to yourself
– Ryan’s really interested in Adam’s hair dye and eyelashes
– Cute story about Adam’s boot for the all white outfit
– Kradam! (he says really really nice things about Kris)
– The parental unit
With Kris Allen (with wife Katy in tow)
– Reaction to his win (Kradam! Kradam! Again and again!)
– His Idol Journey, Record
– Katy is a Ryan Fan!
– Private Q: Kids? Newlyweds! Katy sounds really sweet
With Simon Cowell
– The right winner? but not best singer (Simon never mentions Adam but you know he’s thinking of him)
– WTF? Ryan ranks Kris in the “middle” among Idol winners, above Reuben & Taylor Hicks (I hope that Kris outsells the other Idol winners just for that!)
– God-awful song – Simon calls it! Ryan admits it doesn’t fit dudes (but studiously avoid mentioning the song writers)
– Simon’s a good ex-boyfriend
More interviews after the jump