Book Meme! Eight Questions…
Saw this old Book Meme over on the Should Be Reading blog, and thought I’d join in! 🙂
What was the last book you…
- Borrowed from the library? – The Twin’s Daughter by Lauren Baratz-Logsted
This is a dark gothic suspense murder mystery novel about a young teen who suspects that it is not her mother, but her mother’s twin sister who survives a horrifying attack.
- Bought? – Mistborn Trilogy (Boxed Set) by Brandon Sanderson
I was in the mood to start on a new epic fantasy series, and given how everyone I knew highly recommended getting the first book Mistborn, thought I’d just get the boxed set!
- Cried over? – The Troubled Man (Kurt Wallander Series) by Henning Mankell
This is the last book in the renowned Swedish mystery series, and ended in a way that had me feeling very, very sad and angry! I thought that Kurt Wallander deserved better from his creator!
- Disliked and couldn’t finish? – The Selection by Kiera Cass
Do not waste your money on this pathetic joke of a book. This was supposed to be ‘The Hunger Games’ meets ‘The Bachelor’, but filled with the most boring and cliched scenarios you can think of. A bunch of girls are supposed to be competing for the affections of the crown Prince, but we don’t even get to see their dates or see how the girls are competing. Total Dullness.
- Read & liked? – I Am Number Four: The Lost Files: The Fallen Legacies by Pittacus Lore
I did not expect to like this novella, but I really liked the central character here – a young man who realizes that everything he has believed in is wrong and that he has to do something about it.
- Got for review? (or: got in the mail?)
I haven’t really got any (free) books sent to me for a review. Some authors have emailed me, but haven’t said yes to anyone yet.
- Gave to someone else? – A Stolen Life by Jaycee Dugard
Jaycee Dugard’s memoir about her life in captivity isn’t something I’m planning to read again.
- Stayed up too late reading? – Mistborn: The Final Empire (Mistborn, Book 1) by Brandon Sanderson
The good reviews were on point! I could not put this book down – love the magic, the world-building, the martial-arts action, and the charismatic central character Kelsier!
Most Recent Book Reviews
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
WP Book Bloggers Directory!
Kradam Fan Fiction – Minus the crappy ones…
- The Devilstone Registry: Ch 1 Head of the Trail (Adam/Kris, PG-R), Ch 2 The Tale of Matty the Mute, Ch 3 The Foundation, Ch 4 Turning Blue, Ch 5 Among the Fragments, Ch 6 Snoop and Ye Shall Find, Ch 7 A Distant Bell, Ch 8 Female Troubles, Ch 9 The 3:10 to Little Rock, Ch 10 The Western Boys - PART 1, Ch 10 The Western Boys - PART 2, 4/?
Translate this blog into different languages…